Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hey Pretty Girl




“Life's a long and winding ride, better have the right one by your side.
And happiness don't drag its feet, time moves faster than you think.”
- Hey Pretty Girl lyrics by Kip Moore.

So, apparently I’m growing in my appreciation of Country music. Thanks to a farmer from Bonnyville. Now. Just to clarify. It’s not that I necessarily ENJOY country music, but I DO enjoy this amazing journey with a man named Brian Phillip Hesson. So. I have listened to this 42, never been married, farmer/welder/paintball field owner/high school football coach, uncle to 15, spin me tunes every night since our first phone call. And boy, are there some gooders.

I first learned of his spirituality through “The River” by Garth Brooks. I learned of his perspective on vows and marriage through “I Do” by Paul Brandt and “True Believers” by Darius Rucker. He shared about his relationship with his dad through “A Father’s Love” by High Valley. I learned about his thoughts on having children thanks to Gord Bamford’s “My Daughter’s Father” and Rodney Atkins’ “Watching You.” I learned of his thoughts about me in relation to his past through “The Broken Road” by Rascal Flats and another by Garth, “Unanswered Prayers.” I learned about his present joys and future hopes with Blake Shelton’s “God Gave Me You;” Kip Moore’s “Hey Pretty Girl;” and Deric Ruttan’s “That’s How I Wanna Go Out.”  

I hear about songs which make him think of me, fight for me, smile with me, and shed a tear for me. Aaron Lines’ “Close” and “You Can’t Hide Beautiful;” Brad Paisley’s “She’s Everything;” Keith Urban’s “Put You in a Song;” Tim McGraw’s “It’s Your Love” and “Don’t Take the Girl;” Uncle Kracker’s “Smile;” Lonestar’s “I’m Already There;” and Rascal Flatts’ “I Won’t Let Go.”

The song that I request most often these days, as it relates to how I feel about him and our experience together thus far (timing of all this craziness and my experience of the love of God through him) is Paul Brandt’s “When You Call My Name.”

Yup. I guess I’m kinda getting into country music. Five bucks says I’ll be listening to it for the rest of my life. I have a ring on my finger that says so. First phone call on November 22. First date on December 22. First kiss on December 28. First proposal on January 28. First wedding – this summer sometime. First home in Bonnyville – after the honeymoon sometime. WOW. How many first’s can one girl handle in a year? Only the good Lord knows that! SURELY there’s a country song about that! 

4 comments:

kimberley francis said...

very happy for you, sweet girl! much love and congratulations!

kimberley francis said...

very happy for you, sweet girl! much love and congratulations!

Rebecca vdWH said...

congrats my dear! Love you. So happy to hear of your happy firsts. Thanks for sharing this. I will check out some of those tunes. **hugs**

striving said...

Congratulations Christy! So glad for you! I wish for you an amazing love that grows and fills up your very big heart!!! Stay Beautiful!!! Love ya! Rae-Lyn (BBC 1993)