Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Falling in LOVE



On December 29th, after our fourth date and Brian’s return home to Bonnyville, I had time to share some of this new dating experience with my brother Robb and his wife Melissa. Robb read this little Celtic prayer for me. I was more than a little freaked out seeing as how it used the word LOVE. Robb was very cool to suggest that I substitute in whatever language I might need, to have it be a present experience and a future reality. 

On January 4th Brian took a risk and used the “L” word on the phone, I took a risk of my own by trying not to freak out and so I shared this prayer with him. Our story then started in on yet another new chapter entitled “How long until Christy returns the “L” word?” It didn’t take as long as I thought and I give this prayer partial credit!

Enjoy, adapt and ponder….


Celtic Blessing for Falling in Love

"Bless this thing that sparks like lightening
That burns like fire
That radiates like the inside of the first moment of the cosmos
In this awakening love may there always be
courtesy and respect
trust and courage
tenderness and truth.

Take from it all that destroys and is willful
Give to it all that lasts and is selfless
That the one may wither and the other may grow strong
And shine forever.

God bless this one whom I feel such love for.
May I never cheapen this love
May I never use the other just to gratify my appetites
May I always be there for the other
May this love be like a flower that slowly opens up to reveal its full beauty
May I offer my beloved a heart of valor, restraint, and service."

(Celtic Blessings: Prayers for Everyday Life--Compiled by Ray Simpson, 1999)






No comments: