Monday, August 5, 2013

Ode to Marriage and Football...

Marriage.
Mystery.
Two becoming one.
Partners. Completion. Companions.
Am I a cheerleader? 
I am a teammate.
I am a participant. 
I'm on the field.
I'm in the game. 
The starting whistle is coming. 
The first kick off is arriving. 
The scoreboard is ready to honor the victories.
The fans are filling the stands.
I put on my jersey, my colors, my loyalty.
I perform my warm-up stretches and passes. 
I breathe.
I kneel to pray in centre field; arm in arm with my teammate. 
Our Coach is with us too. 
Our Coach has the playbook. 
Our Coach makes the calls; giving us guidance, hope, encouragement and direction.
Our Coach. 
Our team. 
Our time.
For such a time as this. 
Players to the field.
Huddle up. 
It is time. 
Game on. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven...."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Really Enjoying your blog posts! Keep 'em up! ~ Camara