Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Hiatus is over!

Tis the Sunday before Lent...I am purposefully reading a few chapters on fasting and disciplines in preparation for Ash Wednesday. Still trying to decide what I shall choose for this season.
I had thought about imposing a fast from music in our RE kitchen - just to see what we would all do with it...but I know the life would be sucked out of at least 3 of the team... so - now instead of imposing on others (a tendency of mine I suppose) I will find something for myself-novel thought.

What a season! Fond memories of Pancake Tuesdays in England - from whence this blog originated.

Because of my new lifestyle goals I've given up a BUNCH of food items...so the fast will need to be something other than that? I thought about speech...because I often use too many words or wrong words or careless words...
I thought about TV or Movies or coffee shop purchases. I thought about what I REALLY enjoy...early mornings with coffee (decaf now) and bible and a book of sorts...what I find EASY to do...oh texting...maybe I could give up texting? Pros and Cons...

Maybe...I do have another one or two thoughts up my sleeve...we shall just have to see.

John Wesley: "Some have exalted religious fasting beyond all Scripture and reason; and others have utterly disregarded it."

No comments: