Friday, March 23, 2007

www.hope08.com

So, last night I had the opportunity to join with about 500 others from various churches and groups at the Wythenshawe Forum here in Manchester for the "kick-off" prayer event for the launch of Hope 08 here in the UK. Manchester is in the midst of a 24/7 /365 days of prayer in 2007 in preparation for a year of "doing more in word and deed" in 2008 and I have the privilege of helping gather the NTC family for 3 days of non-stop prayer next week - starting from our Chapel service on Tuesday at 11am until our celebration communion on Friday at 12pm, followed by a meal together...such a great combination of two of my loves... intercessory prayer and food! Maybe its a combination of my visiting around churches, or my 'church in the city' module, or the whole emphasis of my degree on urban mission, but I just sense perhaps the 'kairosness' of the timing of being here, and being here NOW... so very grateful to be here, I suppose I shall sound like a broken record soon, but really...soooooo good...

1 comment:

kimberley francis said...

i'm feeling the kairos these days too. Today a good friend was ordained to the diaconate, I got to meet 3 day old Aida last night, and mixed with the sobering/sacred events of the past few weeks, I think I prefer to remain in this realm rather than go back to the chronos.

(could have something to do with a giant final term paper being due in less than 24 hours or something)